The DC Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD), as well as its public- and private sector partners, hosts and supports a variety of activities to provide affordable housing and community development resources to District residents.
Many of those activities are listed on our events calendar page. There, you will find workshops conducted by our Housing Regulation Administration, public hearings related to DHCD projects, and events by external partners such as the Fair Housing Symposium and the Tenant Town Hall.
Following is a list of some events that are reoccurring, related to special initiatives and are held by external partners.
- Annual Housing Expo and Home Show: Hosted by DHCD, this all-day event occurs each June and celebrates “National Homeownership Month,” as promoted by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- June Housing Bloom: Since 2016, the District has celebrated “June Housing Bloom” to recognize how the District produces and preserves affordable housing, spurs development in underserved communities and ensures that residents of all backgrounds can afford to live and thrive in the city.
- Housing Production Trust Fund (HPTF) Advisory Board Meetings: This board meets monthly to advise the Mayor on the HPTF’s development, financing, and operation of the HPTF, which funds affordable housing production and preservation projects.
- Community-Based Organizations (CBOs) training: DHCD funds the activities of several CBOs, which provide trainings and workshops on a variety of topics for home buyers, homeowners, tenants and small businesses.
- March Madness and Pre-Solicitation Event: Every March, the Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development (DMPED) holds “March Madness,” a pre-solicitation event to announce upcoming community development projects in the District of Columbia.