Affordable Housing Program Income Limits
Each year, the DC Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) issues rent and income limits for several programs, based upon median family income (MFI) (also known as area median income (AMI)) information from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
The DHCD affordable housing programs that get annual updates to their rent and income limits are:
- Housing Production Trust Fund (HPTF)
- Inclusionary Zoning (IZ) Program
- Home Purchase Assistance Program (HPAP)
Tables listing the current limits can be found at the bottom of this webpage below.
Income Limits for Other Affordable Housing Programs
Many federal programs assist affordable housing in the District of Columbia, often combined with locally funded DHCD assistance.
These other agencies periodically update their income limits and it is advisable to check these sites for the most recent information:
- HUD Median Family Income and income limits for the Multifamily, Public Housing and Housing Choice Voucher Programs
- Multifamily Tax Subsidy programs (including the Low Income Housing Tax Credit)
- HOME Investment Partnerships ((HOME) and Community Development Block Grants (CDBG) Programs
- Neighborhood Stabilization Program
Note: For some federal programs DHCD uses “uncapped” low-income limits
DHCD Affordable Housing Program Income Limits
- Combined Income Limits Table
- HPAP Income Limits Table
- HPTF Program Limits Table
- IZ, Maximum Income, Rent and Purchase Price Schedule