The Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) offers resources to help residents find safe and affordable homes in the District of Columbia.
- DCHousingSearch.org is a FREE listing service that provides easy access to information about housing opportunities within the District of Columbia.
- Housing Resource Center: Residents visit the center to learn about rent control, landlord and tenant rights and responsibilities, and affordable homeownership assistance options.
- Housing counseling services DHCD-funded Community-Based Organizations (CBOs) provide counseling services and training to tenants, potential homeowners, and current homeowners.
- Inclusionary zoning (IZ): Households interested in purchasing or leasing an IZ home must take certain steps in order to be eligible for the IZ lottery process and receive notifications.
- Safe and healthy homes: Resources are available to help residents with home and roof repairs, accessibility upgrades, lead paint hazard remediation and aging in place.