The Coalition for Nonprofit Housing and Economic Development (CNHED), in partnership with the DC Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs (DCRA), will host How to Navigate Permitting and Construction for Community-Based Developers. Our goal is to inform community-based developers about new sustainability, energy efficiency and other requirements for many new construction or rehabilitation projects.
This FREE all-day workshop will equip nonprofit developers to efficiently obtain permits and licensing for affordable housing and commercial development projects and avoid increased costs or delays in the process.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- Overview of the DCRA permitting process (timelines, applications, fees, & pitfalls to avoid)
- Agency roles in reviewing plans
- Pros & cons of the third party reviewer process & third party inspections
- Zoning, Certificate of Occupancy & Inclusionary Zoning
- DOEE specific training (Environmental Impact Screening Form, stormwater management & determining the Green Area Ratio
Breakfast and Lunch included.