The Housing Resource Center is operational and is open Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.–3:30 p.m.
RENTAL ACCOMMODATIONS DIVISION (RAD)
RAD is accepting filings and answering customer service telephone calls.
Filings may be submitted by:
- Delivering hard copies to the Housing Resource Center (located at the corner of Martin Luther, King, Jr. Avenue, S.E. and Good Hope Road, S.E.). Be sure to:
- Completely fill out the RAD Drop Box Cover Form with your name, mailing address (no P.O. boxes), daytime telephone number and email address.
- Put this form on top of your tenant document and copies of your business license, certificate of occupancy (if applicable) and a copy of the recorded property deed.
- Place all documents in an envelope before putting them in the drop box
- USPS mail delivery or by courier; or
- Emailing documents scanned in a pdf format to [email protected]. NOTE: Electronic filings are limited 10 submissions each day per person, landlord, agent, representative, and/or attorney. Emailed documents are reviewed and processed and date stamped copies will be returned by email. Please include the following in your email submission:
- Include your name, physical address, an actively monitored email address, and telephone number in your email;
- Make sure all documents attached are in “.pdf” format, legible and complete.
- Send each filing in a separate email; no more than 10 per day
- Keep emails at or under 35 megabytes; and
- Emails received after regular business hours will be time stamped the next business day.
As of October 25, 2021, RAD will not provide same day service for the following documents:
- Housing Provider’s Disclosure to Applicant (RAD Form 3)
- Housing Provider’s Disclosure to New and Existing Tenants (RAD Form 4)
- Notice of Tenant Rights Regarding Housing Provider Disclosure Forms (RAD Form 5)
- Housing Provider’s Notice to Tenant of Adjustment of Rent Charged (RAD Form 8)
- Certificate of Notice to RAD of Adjustment in Rent Charged (RAD Form 9)
- All notices to vacate
RAD will review these types of documents within five (5) business days of receipt. Upon completion, the filer will be notified by telephone or email that documents are ready for pickup. If the filer prefers, documents may be scanned and returned by email.
You may call 202-442-9505 for further information.
CONVERSION AND SALE DIVISION (CASD)
CASD is still accepting filings and answering customer service telephone calls. Documents for filing with CASD may be dropped off in the secure box across the security guard’s desk at DHCD offices (1800 Martin Luther King, Jr., Ave, SE) or emailed to [email protected].
Please deliver any packages which contain checks or cannot fit into the secure box to DHCD’s Administrative Services Office.
You may call the Conversion and Sales Division on 202-442-7142 for further information.
Should need you additional assistance outside of RAD or CASD please call the DHCD mainline 202-442-7200.