Department of Housing and Community Development

DC Agency Top Menu

Heat Emergency - A heat emergency is in effect for Washington, DC. Residents are urged to take precautions against the heat.
Find cooling centers, spray parks and more information about heat emergencies.


-A +A
Bookmark and Share

Rental Conversion and Sale Forms

The Rental Conversion and Sale Division (CASD) administers several laws related to the conversion of property to cooperatives or condominiums, including:

  1. The Rental Housing Conversion and Sale Act of 1980
  2. The Condominium Act of 1976 Technical and Clarifying Amendment Act
  3. The Tenant Opportunity to Purchase Act (TOPA)

An overview of these laws can be found at Condo and Co-op Conversion and Sales.

Certain forms must be filed by:

  1. Landlords when they seek to sell an apartment building or convert it to a cooperative or condominium.
  2. Tenants when they want to invoke their TOPA rights.

Those forms are provided below.

Conversion Application Forms

TOPA Notice of Transfer Forms

TOPA Offer of Sale and Right of First Refusal Forms

Other Forms

Tenant Election Forms