The Rental Conversion and Sale Division (CASD) administers several laws related to the conversion of property to cooperatives or condominiums, including:
- The Rental Housing Conversion and Sale Act of 1980
- The Condominium Act of 1976 Technical and Clarifying Amendment Act
- The Tenant Opportunity to Purchase Act (TOPA)
An overview of these laws can be found at Condo and Co-op Conversion and Sales.
Certain forms must be filed by:
- Landlords when they seek to sell an apartment building or convert it to a cooperative or condominium.
- Tenants when they want to invoke their TOPA rights.
Those forms are provided below.
Conversion Application Forms
- Offer of Sale Without a Third Party Contract - 2-4 Rental Units
- Right of First Refusal - 2-4 Rental Units