DHCD, through its PADD division, periodically rehabilitates homes and vacant lots into affordable homeownership opportunities. Information on available opportunities and how to express your interest in purchasing them can be found below. Participants in the District's Home Purchase Assistance Program and other down payment and mortgage assistance programs are strongly encouraged to apply. Check back often for new affordable homeownership opportunities.
1328 W Street, SE - Accepting Expressions of Interest at the link below between October 16, 2020, and close of business on November 16, 2020.
- $231,000; 50% MFI level; Minimum household size of 3
- 3 Bedroom; 2 ½ Bathroom; Hardwood Floors; Stainless Steel Appliances; Large Wrap-Around Porch
- 1,790 square feet of above ground living space
- 3D Tour
- Video Tour
1319 V Street, SE - Accepting Expressions of Interest at the link below between October 16, 2020, and close of business on November 16, 2020.
- $285,000; 60% MFI level; Minimum household size of 3
- 3 Bedroom; 2 ½ Bathroom; Hardwood Floors; Stainless Steel Appliances
- 2,297 square feet of above ground living space
- 3D Tour
- Video Tour
850 19th Street, NE – Coming Soon
Household Selection Process:
- Complete Expression of Interest form by deadline listed above.
- Self-certify household size and income requirements.
- Upload pre-approval letter form a lender indicating ability to purchase.
- Once closed, a random lottery will be conducted to select 5 to 7 households who will be ranked in order of selection.
- Tour of property by selected households will be arranged.
- In rank order, selected households will be asked to submit documentation to the agency to complete income and household size certification.
- Upon certification of income and household size, the top selected household must act in good faith to complete closing within 60 days.
- If the top selected household does not complete closing, the next highest ranked household will be invited to income certify and complete closing.
- If no selected households complete the process, the lottery will be conducted again and the process will resume at step 2.
Any and all information necessary to purchase these properties will be available on this webpage. However, if you have questions for the Property and Acquisition Division (PADD) about these properties, please email [email protected] or call 202-478-1355.