Revitalizing Communities One Home at a Time
The Property Acquisition and Disposition Division (PADD) stabilizes neighborhoods by decreasing the number of vacant and abandoned residential properties in the District, and transforming vacant and/or abandoned residential properties into homeownership opportunities or District of Columbia residents at all income levels.
PADD has three main functions:
- Encourage property owners to rehabilitate and/or occupy their vacant and abandoned residential property;
- Acquire vacant, abandoned and deteriorated properties through negotiated friendly sale, eminent domain, donation or tax sale foreclosure when owners are unwilling or unable to maintain their properties; and
- Dispose of properties in the PADD inventory by selling the properties to individuals or developers to be rehabilitated into high quality affordable and market-rate single-family and/ or multifamily for-sale housing in District neighborhoods.
PADD disposes of properties by three methods:
- Solicitation of offers;
- Lottery; and
PADD, through the Homestead and Home Again Programs, has successfully acquired and disposed of hundreds of vacant, abandoned and deteriorated properties in the District and created affordable housing opportunities for District residents.
- Online Application System for SFOs
- Solicitation for Offers (SFO) for the development of five District-owned lots in Anacostia
- Solicitation for Offers (SFO) for the development of three District-owned lots in Congress Heights
- Solicitation for Offers (SFO) for the development of six District-owned properties in Historic Anacostia
- Solicitations for Offers (SFOs) for the development of 25 District-owned properties in Wards 4, 5, 7 and 8
- May 19 2015 Halley Terrace SE Pre-Bid Meeting Presentation
- Questions and Answers from August 6, 2014 Pre-Bid Q&A Session (Solicitations 1-3)
- Questions and Answers from August 20, 2014 Pre-Bid Q&A Session (Solicitations 4-6)
- August 20, 2014 Pre-Bid Q&A Session for SFO 4-6 Presentations
- August 6, 2014 Pre-Bid Q&A Session for SFO 1-3 Presentations
- June 11, 2014 PADD/DFD Joint Solicitation Presentation