Saturday, June 9, 2018, 10:00 am-3:00 pm, Walter E. Washington Convention Center
Register now for the 10th Annual DC Housing Expo and Home Show, hosted by the DC Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD).
A Celebration of Housing and Community Development
This all-day event celebrates “National Homeownership Month,” as promoted by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. The Expo also has a District-centered theme of “June Housing Bloom,” which recognizes how the District produces and preserves affordable housing, spurs development in underserved communities and ensures that residents of all backgrounds can afford to live and thrive in the city.
Packed with Information for Current and Future Residents, and Small Businesses
The Expo will offer over 30 workshops and over 150 exhibitors—including government agencies, nonprofit community organizations, lenders and realtors. It will provide invaluable information and guidance for:
- Homeowners: Remodeling and repair demonstrations
- Homebuyers: Purchasing assistance resources
- Tenants: Knowing your rights
- Seniors: Aging in place planning
- Youth: Financial literacy training
- Small Businesses: How to start and successfully grow a business
Also offered are FREE credit reports and credit counseling, as well as prizes and giveaways.
In essence, the Expo is a ONE STOP SHOP for all the resources you are looking for related to housing and community development.
See and share our promotional video
What’s New for 2018 in Celebration of 10 Years
The Expo is offering lots of special features in celebration of its 10th anniversary:
- HGTV’s Egypt Sherrod, will be our Special Guest Lecturer, under our partnership with WHUR 96.3 FM’s Achieve the Dream Campaign.
- George Derek Musgrove, co-author of “Chocolate City: A History of Race and Democracy in the Nation's Capital,” is featured in a Meet the Authors’ Corner.
- Home design center
- Smart home technology showcase
- Tiny home living
- Small business marketplace Access to housing and job search resources
Registration Is Now Open
Registering for the Expo is the best way to sign up for workshops, as they are announced, because space is limited.
- The Fulton Mortgage Company, a Division of The Columbia Bank
- HomeFree USA
- Mission First Housing
- Washington Gas
- Primary Residential Bank