(Washington, DC) – The Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) will hold a seminar entitled “The ABC’s of the Lead Safe Washington Program” on Tuesday, April 13 from 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm at DHCD’s Headquarters. DHCD is located at 1800 Martin Luther King, Jr. Avenue SE, and the seminar will be held in the DHCD Housing Resource Center’s 1st Floor Conference Room. This seminar is part of DHCD’s Education Series.
Seminar topics include:
- Ways to reduce or eliminate lead-based paint hazards,
- Protecting the health of your family,
- Basic facts you should know about lead hazards,
- How to qualify for a Lead Grant,
- The law, and
- Lead ABC’s.
Please contact Pamela Hillsman-Johnson at (202) 442-7251 or [email protected] to RSVP or for more information.
* Underground parking is available for $4.
* A sign language interpreter will be provided upon request by calling (202) 442-7251 five days prior to the training. Residents who require language interpretation should specify the language (i.e. Spanish, Vietnamese, Chinese-Mandarin/Cantonese, Amharic, French, or other). Professional interpretation services will be provided to pre-registered persons only.