Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.


Department of Housing and Community Development

DC Agency Top Menu

-A +A
Bookmark and Share

How to File a Section 3 Complaint

Section 3 complaints may be filed by the following:

Any Section 3 resident on behalf of himself or herself or as a representative of persons similarly situated, seeking employment, training or other economic opportunities, or by a representative who is not a Section 3 resident but who represents one or more Section 3 residents may file a complaint. Additionally, Section 3 business concerns may also file on behalf of itself, or as a representative of other Section 3 business concerns similarly situated, seeking contract opportunities generated from the expenditure of Section 3 assistance from a recipient or contractor, or by an individual representative of Section 3 business concerns. The complaint must be in writing and signed by the complainant, including the complainant’s name and address; the respondent’s name and address; a description of the alleged violation sufficient to inform HUD of the nature; and date of the alleged noncompliance. A complaint must not be received later than 180 days from the date of the alleged violation. Complaints may be filed via telephone, email, mail by contacting the following:

Section 3 Coordinator
DC Department of Housing & Community Development
1800 Martin Luther King Jr, Avenue
Washington, DC 20020
(202) 442-7200

[email protected]

Additionally a complaint may be filed with the Department of Housing and Urban Development

Assistant Secretary
HUD Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity
451 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC 20410
(202) 708-3633

Contact TTY: