Under the Single Family Residential Rehabilitation Program (SFRRP), DHCD provides grants, not to exceed a total of $50,000, to the household. The program provides funding for two of the following grant programs:
- A roof repair grant of up to $20,000 to replace the roof. This grant pays for exterior roofing and gutter work only.
- An accessibility improvement grant of up to $30,000 for accessibility modifications needed to adjust most physical barriers within a home for persons with mobility or other physical impairments.
DHCD develops a scope of work, selects a licensed and certified contractor through the DC procurement process, and manages the construction. DHCD will pay the contractor on behalf of the homeowner. The homeowner does not pay the contractor.
Eligible applicants must:
- Own and live in their homes as their primary residence for at least 3 years;
- Be current on all District and federal taxes;
- Have a credit report that that shows current payments on all mortgages for the last 12 months;
- Possess current homeowners insurance; and
- Meet the household income limits that are no greater than the levels shown below (in the attached income limits document).
How to Apply
To apply for SFRRP assistance or to receive additional information, please contact one of these community based organizations.