On Friday, June 1, June Housing Bloom 2018 begins. The DC Department of Housing and Community Development and other housing agencies will feature events and announcements that showcase how public and private sector partners are producing and preserving affordable housing and revitalizing neighborhoods across the District.
June Housing Bloom designed to complement National Homeownership Month, will spotlight efforts to advance five key priorities: (1) producing affordable housing; (2) preserving affordable housing; (3) increasing homeownership; (4) ending homelessness; and (5) finding solutions to vacant and blighted properties.
Beyond DHCD, agencies that hold June Housing Bloom events include:
- The Deputy Mayor;s Office on Planning and Economic Development (DMPED)
- The DC Housing Finance Agency (DCHFA)
- The DC Housing Authority (DCHA)
- The DC Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs (DCRA)
Key events and announcements for 2018 will include:
- Applications opened for the Oramenta Newsome fund for nonprofit developers on Friday, June 1.
- DCHFA and the New Communities Initiative are sponsoring the Undesign the Redline Exhibit at DCHFA headquarter from June 4-29.
- DCHFA Homebuyers’ Informational Seminars on Wednesday, June 6.
- Commencement Recognition for Partner Arms II affordable housing project on Friday, June 8.
- Mayor's Office Facebook Live with DHCD Director Donaldson on Friday June 8.
- 10th Annual Housing Expo and Home Show on Saturday, June 9.
- DHCD participated in HAND’s 27th Annual Gala, on Tuesday, June 12, where Chris Dickersin-Prokopp, development finance division manager, was awarded emerging leaders award.
- Mayor Muriel Bowser announced awardees for the Fall 2017 request for proposals (RFP) on Wednesday, June 13.
- Public hearing on disposition of Florida Avenue and Q Streets NW on Thursday, June 14.
- Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs held a workshop on property rentals, housing complaints, vacant properties, landlord rights, and vacant property taxes on Tuesday, June 19.
- DHCD held an event celebrating urban land conservation under Vacant to Vibrant DC on Wednesday, June 20.
- DCHFA Homebuyers’ Informational Seminar on Wednesday, June 20.
- DCHA's Homeownership Course Commencement Program, on Thursday, June 21.
- Mayor Muriel Bowser will give remarks at the closing celebration of June Housing Bloom at the groundbreaking of the Liberty Place Apartments on Friday, June 22.
- DCHFA Lenders Fair on Saturday, June 23.
- DHCD will announce the next round of RFP applications for affordable housing projects.