District of Columbia Government employees who are in good standing and whose position is covered by the following collective bargaining agreements are eligible for NEAHP:
- District of Columbia Compensation Units 1 & 2
- Employees represented by the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees; Local 2095 and the American Federation of Government Employees Local 383
- Service Employees International Union 1199
- The District of Columbia Nurses Association
Contact the Office of Labor Relations to find out if your specific collective bargaining unit is eligible to participate in the NEAHP.
Eligible bargaining unit employees must also meet the following requirements:
- Must be the primary or secondary recipient of the grant and a first time home buyer in the District of Columbia
- The property must be the employee’s primary residence and located in the District of Columbia.
- Be a current employee of the Government of the District of Columbia in good standing
- Employee cannot have primary ownership interest in any residential property within the District of Columbia for three years prior to making application to NEAHP
- Employee must possess a good credit rating
How to Apply
To apply for NEAHP assistance or to receive additional information, please contact one of the Community Based Organizations (CBOs) listed under “Housing Counseling” category.
The Office of Labor Relations will determine eligibility and the amount of assistance that is available.
Please note, NEAHP is subject to the availability of funds and the grant amount is determined by the number of years of service.