On Saturday, June 1, June Housing Bloom 2019 begins. The DC Department of Housing and Community Development and other housing agencies will feature events and announcements that showcase how public and private sector partners are producing and preserving affordable housing and revitalizing neighborhoods across the District.
June Housing Bloom designed to complement National Homeownership Month, will spotlight efforts to advance five key priorities: (1) producing affordable housing; (2) preserving affordable housing; (3) increasing homeownership; (4) ending homelessness; and (5) finding solutions to vacant and blighted properties.
Beyond DHCD, agencies that also hold June Housing Bloom events include:
- The Deputy Mayor’s Office on Planning and Economic Development (DMPED)
- The DC Housing Finance Agency (DCHFA)
- The DC Housing Authority (DCHA)
- The DC Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs (DCRA)
- The DC Office of Planning (OP)
Key events and announcements for 2019 will include:
- Ivy City Home Celebration on Saturday, June 1.
- DCHFA Lenders Fair on Saturday, June 1.
- DCHFA Homebuyers’ Informational Seminar on Wednesday, June 5.
- Sarah’s Circle affordable housing ribbon cutting on Saturday, June 8.
- DCHA National Homeownership Course Completion Celebration, on Friday, June 7.
- Housing Association of Nonprofit Developers 28th Annual Gala, on Tuesday, June 11.
- DHCD 11th Annual Housing Expo and Home Show on Saturday, June 15.
- OP Affordable housing panel at Housing Expo on Saturday, June 15.
- DHCD Public Hearing on Qualified Allocation Plan on Tuesday, June 18.
- DCHFA Homebuyers’ Informational Seminar on Wednesday, June 19.
- Housing Production Trust Fund Board (HPTF) meeting on Thursday, June 20.
- DCHA Homeownership Symposium on Saturday, June 22.
- 8th and T Street NW affordable housing ribbon cutting, on Thursday, June 27.
- DHCD workshop on rent control filings, on Thursday, June 27.
- Mayor Bowser announces next round of affordable housing project request for proposals, on Friday, June 28.
Please continue to check this page for new announcements.